About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 23 January 2012

Review: The Hunger Games, Mockingjay


Paperback: £ 7.99
Publisher: Scholastic

Before I begin my review, I'd like to say Wooooooooo for Amazon!!!

When I opened book 3, I got up to page 59 to have book one start all over again! I was sooooooo annoyed, I text my friend and she said she'd bring her copy in for me to read it. I then went straight to the computer and emailed Amazon. The next day I got an email from them saying a replacement set of the books was in the post by special delivery. They arrived the next day! Wooooooo for Amazon!!! Woooooo!

I was really, really worried about this book and the ending. My friends had said that it seemed rushed compared to the other two. I agree with that to an extent as a lot happened very very quickly, there wasn't so much description or consideration of feelings. I am now completely used to the weird tenses/grammar as I didn't notice it at all, or it could be that the editing team did a better job (I know I'm slating the editors a bit, but I am an editor by trade so I'm allowed :-p).

This book is totally action packed, set in the Capitol and district 13 and there are a lot of new characters. That's great as it keeps the story fresh. Of course there were returning characters, it's always good to have a bit of security from them! The book takes a couple of twists and turns which I did enjoy and didn't see coming. This could once again be because I maybe don't think that anything like that will happen as it's teen lit. Maybe I'm underestimating teen brains a little? Sorry teens!!!

I was delighted with the ending. It satisfied me as it wasn't a total case of happily ever after. If it was all sunshine and joy then I would have been hugely annoyed as it really isn't the type of story that would have suited that! Thank goodness!

The only bit I didn't like was the Epilogue. As a rule I don't like them and find them pretty pointless. They just sort of taint the end of a good book! But, at least it was only short!

Now I've finished the trilogy, I don't know what I'm going to do! I have to say I became obsessed with them, obsessed!

Read these books, read them now! Especially before the film comes out in March!

Happy Reading and may the odds be ever in your favour!

Book Geek 
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment