About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 26 March 2012

My Mum's Review: The Slap

Hahahahaha!

My Mum is off work at the moment as she isn't well at all. That's not why I'm laughing! I'm laughing because she is reading The Slap at the moment and text me the following:

'The Slap is gratuitously vulgar. It is like If No One Speaks of Remarkable Things. An author with unconnected ideas who tenuously links them. The character chapters are not exploring the effect of the slap, just giving the author license to use his disconnected character studies. Put that on your blog and smoke it. I am now reading the slap to end as research into the gratuitously vulgar. Except for some quotes I can use and claim as my own genius like thank drunk I'm God.'

I have read The Slap and you will find my comparison of the book and TV series here.

Anyway, thought I'd share what Mummy Book Geek has to say!


Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment