About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Review: Storm of Swords: Part 1: Steel and Snow


Paperback: £ 8.99
Publisher: Harper Voyager


I DIDN'T THINK THIS SERIES COULD GET ANY BETTER BUT IT ONLY BLOODY WELL HAS!!!

This is the best book of the series so far! Oh my God! It is incredible.

Martin has introduced yet more new POV characters. This variety is brilliant and thoroughly enjoyable as you get to see every single facet of the entire world and what is going on with the fight for the throne(s). The story is hugely complex now and there are literally hundreds of characters and some of the names do sound very similar but persevere and you will know them all pretty soon....especially if you are obsessed as I am and talk about it all to the time to your boy, assistant, production manager, boy's flat mate, twitter followers, etc etc.

Tyrion and Dany are still my absolute faves!!! Dany has redeemed herself and is now has my love again! Sansa has manned up yet more and I am most pleased about this. Even though she was winey bint I did have a little soft spot for her in the beginning, it was deep down, deep, deep down and well hidden. Catelyn is rather annoying at the moment, she is now the winey bint.

There are some great twists and turns in this book that I did not see coming and they have only made the story even more intriguing and enjoyable! There is not one area that I have thought rubbish or pointless or totally unnecessary to the plot. I have been shocked, saddened and I've even laughed on an occasion or two. One line said to Sansa in particular made me laugh hysterically in the gym and everyone looked at me like I was a right weirdo!

I'm once again not going to say too much as I don't want to spoil the plot for anyone and I fear that I'll just be repeating myself from the previous 2 reviews of parts 1 and 2. I seriously cannot wait to read book 2 of part three!

Oh also, I'm a total willy! Whilst getting ready for work on Friday last week I was looking at my book shelf and caught the first line of the blurb on the 2nd book of part 5 and have totally ruined one major thing for myself!!! I'm so annoyed I was that thick!!!

Anyway, read these books now, this very second, go on, on your way to the book shop with you! Yes you, yes now, no arguing, go!!!!

HAPPY READING!!

Book Geek
:-p

No comments:

Post a Comment