About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Thursday 13 September 2012

Review: Dance With Dragons Part 2


Publisher: Harper Voyager
Price: £ 8.99

Well bugger me, George has created yet another bloody amazing book!! WOW!!! Admittedly, in the beginning of part 2 I wasn't convinced, well part 1 was actually amazing, but he turned it around and WOW!!! JUST WOW!!!

If you haven't read this series after reading my reviews and following my love of George and these beautiful creations then where have you been?!?!? You really are missing out! Seriously! Even if you don't think you like fantasy and dragons and all that you will bloody well love these! There is something for everyone!

Getting back to this book, as I said above I wasn't convinced at the start, which was surprising seeing how good part 1 was, but it all turned around. So many of your favourites and usuals are in there and the tedious ones are not AND there are even some new ones thrown in for good measure. There is everything, action, love, fear, pain, horror, tension, revulsion, upset, shock and maybe a VERY VERY small bit of happiness on occasion. 

The plot has become even more twisty and turney and scary and complicated and you have no idea what is going to happen from one second to the next! George has an amazing brain!

I am so so angry and upset that George is yet to write the next installment which is called The Winds of Winter. I had preordered it but apparently the publication date has been delayed!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING GEORGE??? WRITE FASTER!!!! WRITE MORE!! AND DON'T DIE BEFORE YOU FINISH THE WONDER THAT IS A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE!!

OOO, also, before I finish my usual hysterical rant about my love of this series I will share something a colleague said to me today. This particular colleague is a total knob and I don't particularly like him, he's a sales man in my office. He saw DWD part 2 on my desk and asked me what it was about. When I told him it was a fantasy novel and there are dragons and stuff, he came out with 'Aren't you a bit old for that shit!' Well, he obviously hasn't read it and he is one of those people missing out!!

Anyway!! I know this isn't a fantastic review but I don't want to spoil any of the plot and I am only professing my usual love...you'll soon get bored of that!!!

Happy reading!

Book Geek

:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment