About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Thursday 21 February 2013

Review: Born Weird

Price: £ 12.99 (hardback)
Publisher: The Friday Project

I was gently bullied in to reading an AK book by @bookcunt and procured this one from @biggreenbooks. Thank you for bringing it in to my life!

By page 20 I had laughed out loud, felt sad, confused and intrigued....a totally awesome start! It is truly infuriating how witty and intelligent AK is to have written a book that has so many layers! I probably don't even understand all of them as I am not the brightest spark but it is bloody wonderful to know that some how, they are there and mean something.

Annie/The Shark is amazing, I want to be a feisty old bitch like her! Fantastic lines, actions and character all round. Out of the Weird siblings, Richard was the most intriguing, but to be honest, I have absolutely no idea why. He just had an aura of mystery around me that lured me in....also I bet he is fit!

The end of the book had a bit of a Wizard of Oz feel to it and that was rather sweet. The end in itself was wholly satisfying and much enjoyed as I didn't really see how AK would end the thing.

Such a mental and bloody off the wall book that you will love it instantly. If you don't then I'll hunt you down and beat you. Defo one to add to the 'to read' list for so many, many reasons! I'm going to be reading more AK, that's for sure.

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-p

No comments:

Post a Comment