About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 5 April 2013

Review: Mayhem

Publisher: Jo Fletcher
Price: £ 14.99

Ahhhh, Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, Sarah how you make my girl crush grow! Not only is this lady a cracking tweeter (@sarahpinborough) and writer of modern thrillers, but she can now write olden timey gothicy horrory thrillers!!! SP is a total babe!!

I read A Matter of Blood before I started this blog and loved it! It was modern, gritty and cutting edge. Here you are flung back in time to the days of Jack the Ripper, you are immersed in smoggy, fearful London and you don't ever want to leave! SP is bringing history and fiction together and in this book she's forced them to have dirty sex and they have produced one hell of a fantastic baby!

There are three main POVs in this book and all three voices are very distinct and the characters are fantastically developed. It is very impressive how convincingly SP writes in the male voice. There are a few other voices and characters that have a POV and they are just as stunningly constructed. I grew to love Dr Bond as the book went on. I suffered with him and felt so sorry for his mental and physical deterioration and strife. I want him to be my granddad!!!! I really really do!

The plot starts off as a thriller...your normal, gripping thriller but oh my does it take a twist you would never have expected. Once I began to see through the murk and noticed the new twist I wasn't annoyed, and I usually am by things like this. I wasn't annoyed as it was done so smoothly and it was so completely, totally and utterly right for the plot!

A bloody cracking thriller that sucks you in and spits you back out! I cannot wait for Murder!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment