About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 6 May 2013

Review: Poison

Publisher: Gollancz
Price: £ 9.99

Firstly I would like to comment on how beautiful the book cover is, but not only that, the illustrations throughout. They are stunning and work perfectly with the twisty and sexy spin SP has put on Snow White!

I have to say that Snow is fucking annoying, no one can be that happy and cheery and lovely and kind all the time! Bloody hell! Never realised that until I read this! Loved the Queen, she was wonderful in every single way! So dark and evil and stormy! The twisting of the tale is genius and the interweaving of other fairy tales, but with an SP twist, was fantastic! Alladin was a particular favourite of mine, little bugger!

I have only read SP's crime books before and it was amazing to see her writing become so incredibly different. She is one very talented lady with many, many strings to her literary bow! This ain't no Brothers Grimm and it ain't no Disney story! Defo not a book for the babes but sure is one for the grownups! It's great to be allowed to read fairy stories, and it's even better when they have sex and drugs and violence in! The ending is totally mental and completely amazing so read the book for that if nothing else!!!

Get on this book now! I can't wait for Charm and Beauty to hit the shelves!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment