About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Review: The Tiny Wife

Publisher: The Friday Project
Price: £ 6.99

I've only read one other AK book, Born Weird and I bloody loved it! So, when I had the opportunity to procure a copy of this little read on Monday night I was totally delighted!!!  

The phrase I'd use to describe this book/novella/short story (not really sure what it is) is beautifully mental! I would love to live in AK's brain as it seems to be wonderfully fun and creative! The crazy imagination of this man is excellent and he also seems to have a really big heart too....or at least he does when it comes to his writing. 

This is a story that seems like a fable, it has morals and it is not at all what I was expecting. Truly gorgeous and delightful! The illustrations were also beautious and contributed wonderfully to the story as a whole. Oh, and I, once again loved AK's style of writing! It doesn't feel very dudey which is always a treat...but then again doesn't feel girly either...SKILLS!

This is a pretty damn short story so I don't want to say loads and spoil it for everyone but I want to urge you all to read it! It won't take long and I'm sure you will love it! I now defo have to read The Waterproof Bible and particularly All My Friends Are Superheroes....specially because people are bullying me to read them now I've read AK's two other books!


Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment