About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 23 August 2013

Review: The Cult of Nostalgia

Publisher: Cutting Edge Press
Price: £ 8.99

We're in Paris at three different points in time, however, all are weirdly linked and all tell very different stories.

It's obvious that BB has done his homework and has a very enthusiastic style of writing. He obviously is a fan of Hemingway and knows a lot about him, but this really isn't a book for me. I can appreciate it for its merit and how it will appeal to many, but there just wasn't a certain something that I need to be enthralled by a book. I just couldn't get involved in it and, to be honest, every time I read it I fell asleep. I got better as time went on, but I don't know if that was enjoyment or just sheer determination to finish the book.

Rosette and Danielle were great characters. Very funny, quirky and loveable, but, I am afraid tat two quirks don't mean love.

A good work of literature that I am sure will be lobed many times over by the right person.

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-s

No comments:

Post a Comment