About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 12 August 2013

The Harry Potter Challenge: The Chamber of Secrets

So then, I have started, and I have, as I promised gone on!

The second book has now been read and digested and well, I am still not all that enamored. I found it took a very long time for anything of that much note or excitement or interest to happen. Which was a bit of a shame as I was expecting a bit more from this second one as we now know the characters and scenes don't have to be set.

There were far more amusing moments in this book than the first one. It was entertaining in a sniggery way, kind of if I was a kid....think I've had to adopt a child mind in order for me to embrace them more.

Hermione is far less annoying in this book than the first one. I hope it is because I have now got used to her and not because her character has been changed dramatically. Harry is still a bit of a cliche as far as I am concerned...sorry. Ron is alright though and I kinda like Ginny.

I have high hopes for the 3rd and 4th books as they have been bigged up to me a lot by many. The only point that would piss me off I think is that apparently, some characters seem to disappear never to return in later books and there is no real explanation. I hope I don't really notice it that much as it will annoy me!

Anyway, on I go....wish me luck

P.S. I watched the film of the first book last night...enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. Actually found it far more entertaining than the book too...think it's because things happened in quicker succession! UH OH!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think you will enjoy a lot more the HP series once you finished with the first two books. The characters grow up and the storyline starts to be more mature and complicated.

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Well done, you! Hermione gets progressively less annoying as the series goes on, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement!!!

    ReplyDelete