About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Thursday 26 September 2013

Review: The City's Son

Publisher: Jo Fletcher Books
Price: £ 7.99

London has an underworld that we knew nothing about and all I can say is, IT HAD BETTER BE REAL!

Fantasy or SciFi? I have no idea to be honest but I don't care as its a bloody weird and got me bloody hooked from the start. TP's mind must be bonkers as I have never really thought such a world and creatures could be created from the urbanisation of London. BRAVO!!!!

Beth was a bit of annoying character and totally fucked me off but I got over that as the other characters were immense, especially Victor. WAHHH he was a total dude. I also grew to love Fil. He was a bit tooooooo weird at the start but by the end I was completely in love with him and would gladly have him as my toyboy!

This is a crazy and weird and wonderful story of love and friendship and hard times and lies and manipulation. It is weird and wonderful as I said but that is a point I feel I need to drive home. Such a unique book, I don't know if there is one like it around...but if there is throw it at me. I cannot wait to read the next one, which is currently sitting on my shelf.

HUZZAH and happy reading

Book Geek
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment