About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 29 January 2014

The Harry Potter Challenge: The Deathly Hallows

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS! FINISHED THE BLOODY THINGS AT LAST!

Oh dear God! I thought The Half Blood Prince was tedious, that was nothing compared to this! They spend all their bloody time hiding in tents and hating each other or succumbing to stupid teenage sexual jealousy and tension. I DON'T CARE!

The only remotely good bits involved deaths and even then JK kept killing off the only bloody good characters (as per usual). The battle of Hogwarts was mildly entertaining as it was a point when something actually happened at last! And the ending was oh so bloody mediocre.

I think I can safely say that overall, I'm not a Harry Potter fan and I don't think I ever will be.

The Prisoner of Azkaban was a decent book as was The Order of The Phoenix, but I'm afraid that I just found the overall series rather tedious and to be honest pretty dull and not that well executed.

I can see why kids would enjoy some of it, but if you are reading it as you are growing up, I' not sure how you would find the later books any good...unless you have never read anything else ever.

At least I can now say I've suffered through them all and am fully justified when I say, I am not a fan of Harry Potter.

Sorry to all you Pot heads out there!

Book Geek
<:-S

No comments:

Post a Comment