About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Sunday 2 February 2014

Review: The Demonologist

Price: £7.99
Publisher: Orion

David is a professor who ends up in a rather crap situation. He goes on a bit of a trip and has a great friend with him.

I wasn't too sure what to expect when I opened this but I was very excited to read it because of that. David and Elaine are fantastic characters...it is a bit unnerving that they have the same names as my rents and one of the situations one is in hit home with me a tad, but that I think, forced me to embrace the book further. I totally fell for Elaine and I felt deeply for David.

I really enjoyed the discussions of demons, evil and religion. It was interesting indeed, especially seeing possibly what someone else thinks of the whole thing (the author obviously) and their position on the church also. To see them hiring the Pursuer is pretty damn interesting as an idea. 

The book also scared me shitless in places and it left me struggling to sleep and then open my eyes in the dark. It was like being a little child all over again. However, don't let children read this by any means!! oOO, also have to say that I was very impressed with the Milton references and aspects. Lots of homework done there I believe.

On the whole, an enjoyable book and a highly interesting one indeed. I would indeed recommend it as it is stimulating as well as shit scary and does indeed have its share of action, love and drama.

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-p

No comments:

Post a Comment