About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 17 March 2014

Holmes Challenge: The Hound of The Baskervilles

Sooooo, I've been ploughing on with the challenge I have set myself and I'm rather enjoying it!

I read the Hound a good few years ago, and to be honest, I don't remember a thing about it! I remembered the Sherlock adaptation, so maybe that had clouded my memory of the book.

Anyway. It was a fun story, and slightly different from the others. Watson is however totally getting on my tits. I am starting to think he is a bit of a misogynistic and opinionated knob. I'd like him to sod off to be honest.

Totally love Sherlock and I am of course imagining him looking like Benedict. Always thought of him as an older chap when I had read bits in the past. This evidently shows the power of TV and suggestion  wins quite a lot of the time.

One thing I will comment on that I noticed was the complete lack of mention of Mary. She was alllll over The Sign of Four (yes, I know she was a main character) but also, her and Watson were getting it all on. How come she has totally disappeared in the Hound??? ACD why have you been so inconsistent here? Am I being too picky?

Anyway, totally enjoyed reading this Holmes adventure, even if Watson is a bit of a dick!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment