About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Sunday 11 May 2014

Review: Diary of a Nobody

Price: 61p ebook
Publisher: Wordsworth Classics

I'm not 100% sure when I acquired this ebook, but I did, and then the other day I thought, why not read it. 

It's the diary of a clerk in the city in the olden days called Charles. However, it's fictional and it's rather amusing in a very mundane and rather nondescript way.

I warn you now that I don't have loads to say about this book but it will be short.

The diary was amusing indeed. It's very quick to read and I don't really know why I found it so 100% amusing and entertaining.

I thoroughly enjoyed the tone of Charles, he was so blunt and so, detached from things. That really made the whole thing slightly bizarre. Lupin was cool too. The whole book is very much a parody and very intelligent for the day/period in which it was written.

I am most pleased I read it and would be inclined indeed to read such things again in the future!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
B-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment