About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Review: The Judas Scar

Price: £ 8.99
Publisher: Cutting Edge Press

Will and Harmony are a lovely couple, however, there are some things in the past that really do have the potential to shit things up, especially when Harmony meets someone at a party.

BLOODY HELL WOW! I will say from the off that this book is awesome. It kept me up reading, it kept me awake once Boy Geek bullied me in to putting it down as the whole thing kept running through my head. Just wow, bloody wow!

When I started reading The Silent Wife, this is the type of amazing page turner I expected it to be...I'm not 100% sure why it comes to mind when I think TJS, but it does. I think it's because they are both about married couples in very strange situations that impacts their entire lives. TJS completely dicks on The Silent Wife, it is everything I wanted it to be and more.

The characters and plot is dark and twisty, people are manipulators, and that made me think Nearest Thing to Crazy (another awesome book from CEP). You get really sucked in by Luke, you love but hate Will and you love but hate Harmony too. Waaahhh!

It's amazing that elements of the story were drawn from real life, and you can see that in the language, the arguments and the emotions. I really enjoyed the passages with arguments as they were real, there was nothing far fetched and ridiculous, as there so often is in books!

Right, I'm going to stop there otherwise I will spoil something for all you people who HAVE to read this book now.

A brilliant page turner that will keep you awake! The characters are incredible, the plot is dark and disturbing as it really is so normal and could happen at anytime to any one! Well done AJ and well done again Cutting Edge Press on finding ANOTHER awesome gem!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment