About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 14 July 2014

Review: Prince of Hazel and Oak - Shadowmagic Book 2

Publisher: The Friday Project
Price: £ 2.48 ebook


So this is part 2 of the Shadowmagic trilogy. It picks up not long after the first one and we are immediately thrust in to action in The Real World and it is awesome and we do pretty soon return to The Land! YAY!!!

There were very few rewinds which pleased me as recaps bug me, and as I had read book 1 in May, things were still fresh in my mind. The plot centres round an awesome and epic quest. It's funny, action packed and the comedy fantasy style is indeed a winner with me, however, this one isn't without a bit of sadness which was unexpected but really dealt with very well indeed and brought the book a bit more down to earth.

The characters and plot are again awesome and the new characters that arrive are just as fab as the ones we already knew from book one.

Usually I don't jump in to reading the next book in a series straight after finishing the previous one, but in this instance I've gone and broken all the rules and I'm already a few chapters in to book 3. THE DAMN CLIFF HANGER MADE ME!

Short and sweet review, but I don't want to give anything away.

Happy Reading

BG
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment