About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Review: The Dragon Keeper

Price: £ 8.99
Publisher: Harper Voyager

You will most likely be aware of my MASSIVE Hobb love if you are a frequent visitor. So, I was delighted when Boy Geek's Mum told him to take me book shopping for my birthday. The Rain Wild Chronicles was my selection of choice as I have never before read them. I love alllll that is to do with the Fool and Fitz and I loved the Liveship trilogy, the recent new Fitz and the Fool was also AWESOME!!!! So, as I knew we would be in the realms of the Liveships I wanted to return.

At the start I was feeling a bit let down by the book as it was very slow to pick up and it was a all a bit woe is me I'm a girl. However, as I got more involved in the book I began to love it. The characters also grew on me and that was maybe because they grew a pair in some respects (Alise and Thymara in particular). Love the dragons and their crazy ways, they are awesome. Also, the Hest and Sedric relationship is brill and so different for a Hobb book. Also, love how Sedric is such an ambiguous character. I don't know if I like him, loathe him or just feel sorry for him! 

It's great to see the return of some of the old characters and seeing them interact with new. I'm most excited to see where exactly this series goes and what becomes of the dragons as their adventure continues. This is hopefully going to be another epic series from Hobb that fills my imagination with joy!

Happy Reading
BG
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment