About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 6 October 2014

Review: One Step Too Far

Price: £ 2.99 ebook
Publisher: Kirk Parolles

The next load of reviews are all being written from notes I made through my reading foray in September. So, please do forgive them if they aren't the usual! THANK YOU!

Emily is running away from her family and seeking a new life. We get to experience that with her and also learn about what her life was like before.

I throughly enjoyed the different voices, person focuses and eras that flip flopped throughout the book. It was pretty darn awesome. I also loved the fact that the plot was leading you completely and you had no idea what was going on or what triggered Emily's departure from her life! AWESOME. 

The characters were fab. I really didn't know for a long time how I felt about Emily. I didn't know if I loved or hated her or felt sorry for her. It was how she treated Ben when we didn't really know what he'd done that made me feel like that. Caroline was a pretty awesome character too, completely mental and so contrasting to Emily!

I really enjoyed the fact that this book was all about relationships. Between family, friends, colleagues and the relationships people have with themselves and with their pasts, presents and futures. I also loved how mental lives and people can become just because of one trigger, one nudge that forced them down a path. 

There is one thing negative about this book though. I don't know how satisfied I was with the ending. I think, to be honest that it let me down somewhat. 1 or 2 of the twists were very very good, don't get me wrong there. However, I felt that the ending was all too easy and wrapped up with a bow. The turmoil and stress of the rest of the book, I felt, needed more angst and grit in the conclusion.

Anyway, I did enjoy this book, and it wasn't at all what I expected, as I was thinking it would fall in to the realms of chick lit.

Happy Reading

BG
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment