About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Film versus Book: Divergent

 


So then, I've read the BOOK and now I've seen the film...well I saw it back in September on a flight to Singapore..but anyway...here are a few things I have to say!

Some bits of the film were changed and in my opinion changed tooooo much. I know films don't have time for subtlety always but I think we missed out on a lot due to the changes in this film. For example, Tris and her mum meeting up half way through...WHAT THE HELL??

When it comes to how things look in the film, Chicago looked exactly as I pictured, but as I mentioned in by review of the book after I'd see posters for the film, the Dauntless don't look gothy enough. The only ones I was happy with was Eric and Tori as they looked a bit edgy. The others just all look like spandex clad buff people. That is not at all what I expected from the dauntless.

When it came to the end, I found things a bit too different for my liking there also and I'm now wondering what is going to happen.

On the plus side, the bit with the zip wire was very good and it did make me very sad. However, I'm not sure if that is just the case because I know the end of the series.

Overall, when compared to the book, I defo enjoyed the book more! I didn't see this film in the cinema as I hadn't read the books then and it didn't appeal to me and TBH I don't think I'll make the effort to see the next one.

Oh and also, Tris was not at all small and petit enough and Christine was too small!! WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE INCORRECT SIZE OF PEOPLE CASTED?

Let me know your thoughts

BG
:-s

P.S. Check the Honest Trailer for Divergent out...just cos you should! It's hyperlinked over there <<<<<
P.P.S I think I enjoyed the honest trailer more than the film!


No comments:

Post a Comment