About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 24 November 2014

Review: Callum


Right then, so this is a bit of a what if short story following on from Noughts and Crosses. We are looking at an alternate ending after the pivotal kidnap and what could have been different. 

You can defo tell that this short piece was written after the book as it has a completely different feel to it and the writing style is also rather different. AND to top it all off, I felt that the characters were different too, despite the fact that this was meant to be an alt ending, not at a different time or anything. 

The story draws together more conclusively the questions of love, family, race and freedom that I had when reading the book and that the book doesn't really tie up satisfactorily for me anyway.

The ending, despite being alternative, is still DEVASTATING!!! Some things will never change I guess. If you read Noughts and Crosses, defo give this a read as it makes more of the whole series and helps you think about things.

Happy Reading

BG
:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment