About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 17 November 2014

Review: Dragon Haven


Publisher: Harper Voyager
Price: £ 8.99

We are now in book two of the Rainwilds Chronicles which picks up pretty much exactly where book 1 left us and all is very very tense!! WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I once more thoroughly enjoyed this book, but this time I didn't feel like it took a while to get going. I'm not sure why people think this is a weak series, so far I think it's spiffing!

I am looking back over my notes, as I read this a while ago, and I have one comment that says 'noooooooo Leftrin, Not this badness, Noooooooooo!' I think, you will all think this when you read the portion I am referring to! NOOOOOOOO LEFTRIN!!!!!!!

The pace, adventure and action was non-stop from the start, as mentioned above, and for this I am most thankful to Ms Hobb! There really is a lot of pace and for that I am thankful. I also like to fact that you get to know the dragons even better as they are intriguing creatures with varied minds, experiences and temperaments, not something I was expecting at all to be honest. 

When it comes to the humans, I really started to feel sorry for Sedric, and I don't quite know how I feel about that as, if I'm honest, I HATED HIM IN BOOK 1. I think he needs love, a friend and a bit of support. Poor dab!

Oh oh, and one final comment, I LOVE the relationship between the two bird keepers that you see developing via missives. I know this is possibly a terrible thing to say, but I think it's my favourite part of the whole series!

The next instalment is in a box in the spare room as we are STILL not totally unpacked as the decorator doesn't finish until tomorrow. However, as soon as I can get my hands on book 3 I will be reading it immediately!!!

Happy Reading
BG
<;-)

P.S. I'm pissing off to Lisbon for work for a few days tomorrow so won't be around till Friday after today! Try not to miss me!


No comments:

Post a Comment