About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 15 December 2014

Review: Moon's Artifice

Publisher: Gollancz

I've had this sitting on my bookshelf for what feels like years. I don't know why I was put off reading it but I was...it's weird I know. However, as soon as I picked it up and opened the cover, I was delighted that I had! We are with Narim and he has a lot on his plate...daaaaaamn!

I was completely absorbed by it all! The characters were fantastic and the intricacies of the politics was absolutely amazing! It was a real surprise. I do have to know however, is there meant to be a book before this as I couldn't help think that I was missing out on something as so much had happened that was previous to this particular plot.

I loved the small elements of magic that cropped up and I loved the fact that you can't see where the plot is going at all. Just when I thought the total and ultimate climax of the whole thing was to hit, it didn't! WAAAAHH! That was great and kept me turning page after page. I also liked the anti religion stuff at the end as well...I'm not all that religious...well at all in fact so ya know. Oh and I was shocked with the lack of tragedy as a whole when considering what went on! I hope that doesn't spoil it for anyone, but some people may be heartened to carry on with the book to know it's not allllll doom and gloom!

Cracking little fantasy read that I think would have totally passed me by if Gollancz hadn't sent it to me and I hadn't finally pulled my finger out and picked it up.

Happy Reading

BG

P.S. I had a massive debate on how to pronounce Artifice with Boy Geek. We are still undecided...weird I know but he says some words in a stupid way!



No comments:

Post a Comment