About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Thursday 4 December 2014

Review: See You Tomorrow

Publisher: Arcadia

We're getting all Scandi right now so embrace it!

There is a gang, there are some school kids, there is a father with some problems and they are all about to get mixed up in some very hot shit.

I'm not going to deny it, I like books like this were each chapter is from a different POV of a person in the book. I love having so many different takes on exactly the same situation! It really gives a book layers...god that made me sound like an english student didn't it! Anyway...it's true I love it!

Whilst reading the POVs I was totally convinced that they would all come together in the end but I had no idea how and that was pretty awesome. I kept wondering and developing my own theories...none of which turned out to be correct of course.

When it came to the characters, Rudi 'did my nut in' (to use a very Neath colloquialism), I really couldn't stand him and just wanted him to go away every time he cropped up. Cecilie had my pity, she had the potential to be a beautiful person but was screwed from such a young age there is no hope. The teenage crew drove me round the bend a bit...maybe because we've all been teenagers and can all relate to them. Pal...well, he is basically my Dad and that made me love and hate him at the same time. Odd one that. 

The whole book is incredibly dark and twisted but at the same time it's off the wall and totally nuts in a way that I just can't explain. The ending was completely satisfying but you could tell that the gang is now lined up for another appearance else where...if not then there is something very wrong going on here.

A cracking Scandi read that isn't yet more of the same old, same old, that seems to be coming out of the region. Dark and twisted but with some humour and characters you hate to love and love to hate.

Happy Reading

BG
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment