About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Thursday 30 April 2015

Review: Day Shift

Publisher: Gollancz


So, this is the next book set in Midnight after Midnight Crossroad. We are back in Midnight and we are with the kooky residents once more! There are deaths and intrigue as usual, so you know what you are going to get.

It was great to see more of Olivia and get to know her better. Finding more about her was really rather good and it was great to get to know Cheuy and Joe as well, it was a total shift in focus from MC and I really enjoyed that. Manfred was still there though, don't worry, along with alllllll the others.

There were a fair few Southern Vampire Mysteries references and I think that you would lack depth in the story if you hadn't read them prior to this! Also, even though these are touted as stand alone novels, you will need to read MC in order to really thoroughly get this book.

I loved getting to know some of the residents of Midnight better, I loved the old people who had rocked up for this novel. What I didn't really like all that much was the main story, it was kind of 2D and a bit annoying. But, all of that can be overcome as you read these books for the residents of Midnight. It is their interactions and their personal lives that fuel your need to turn the page and that is awesome!

Happy Reading

BG
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment