About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Tuesday 5 May 2015

A book with antonyms in the title: The Life and Death of Sophie Stark

Publisher: W&N/Blue Rinder

I warn you in advance that this is going to be a pretty short review as I just can't really put in to words how I feel about this book very easily!

We are seeing Sophie Stark through the eyes of 6 people who she seemed to really have moved/impacted/affected etc. And the main thing I want to say about this book is that it is beautiful! I was only two chapters in and I was completely mesmerised by the entire thing. I was mesmerised by Sophie, by Allison, by Robbie, by how we were going to spend the entire book seeing Sophie through very different people and at very different times in her life!

I truly loved seeing Sophie via the eyes of other people from her brother, to her lover, to her college obsession. It was great to learn more about her...well not about her but what other people thought she was like. It was crazy to see how people perceive others so similarly in many ways but so differently in others. Sophie is just so enthralling!

THis really was a glorious, glorious book. It lacked all the pretence it could have held in spades, it was beautiful....truly beautiful!

Happy Reading

BG
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment