About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 6 July 2015

Review: Yellow Room

Publisher: Cutting Edge Books

I thoroughly enjoyed SR's previous book. Twin Truths was beautiful in so many ways and you will all be glad to know that this does not disappoint! 

We are spending our time with Chala and we are learning all bout her, who she is, how the past has formed her and what's going to happen next.

The book is compelling from start to finish! It's really dark, but still full of hope. The writing style is once again glorious and I think that is how it can be so dark but glorious at the same time. 

When it came to the characters (my fave things to talk about) I as in love with Femke! With Chala I started off hating her, I just couldn't get on with her but I don't think it was the past that made me feel like that, I think it was her continuous woe is me attitude. In the end I just pitied her and it didn't move on. Paul, well, I'm not sure about him either. Their relationship as a whole really felt hard and far more work that it should have been!

The book made me feel really untrusting and really doubtful of people and their intentions, but, I think this is a good thing as it illustrates just how powerfully written and constructed this book it. Also, the problems in Kenya really hit me. They were incredibly difficult to comprehend and read.

A gorgeous book, thank you!

Happy Reading
BG
:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment