About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Tuesday 27 October 2015

A Book Written by an Author with Your Same Initials: Purefinder

Publisher: Cosmic Egg Books
 
 
BG + BG = same initials so there :-p
 
This young man has a very unique writing style, and while I was a bit apprehensive about it to start, I soon fell and was completely absorbed by it. The book seems like 24 hours in the life of lower class Victorian Britain and what a whirlwind tour it is. It feels like social commentary but in one easy to manage and bite chunk that can be enjoyed as well as pondered.
 
LOVE THE WELSH - That I think for those who read it should be obvious.
 
The book does however take a sudden turn and we are thrust into a high violence, chaos filled, fast paced thriller. But, TBH I really enjoyed this aspect too. It was an alarming change of pace but the reassuring and familiar genre arrival was welcome.
 
I can't help but think of this book as a bit like A Christmas Carol. Murphy is around to show Purefoy his life, who he is, who he was, and who he can be.
 
A surprising and enjoyable little read that you should hunt down!
 
Happy Reading
 
BG
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment