About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 8 February 2016

Review: Freedom

Publisher: Fourth Estate
 
My most favouritest assistant I ever had gave me this for my birthday one year and I'm sad to say I only got round to reading it at the end of last year (yes we are still on catch up reviews).
 
A second thing about this book I will share with you is this...Boy Geek always tells me, that people he works with think this book is about wanking, and just wanking. These people obviously fixated on the wanking....and there isn't even any wanking in the first 250 pages..so there....obsessed with wanking people, calm down!
 
 
I liked how this book was written, I enjoyed the different POVs and how they all flowed. I love a book with a selection of POVs, so this was right up my street. JF does a great job with all the different voices, specially as they span ages, genders etc.
 
I also really enjoyed the normal themes and feelings and people that were in the book. There was anguish, turmoil, defiance, ache but there was also love, and help and support and humour. I think what I'm trying to say is that the book was accessible and normal and real and appealing because of those things.
 
There is one thing that I wasn't keen on....the very ending. It wasn't what I hoped it would be but, never the less I enjoyed the book thoroughly and far more than I thought I would!
 
Happy reading
 
BG
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment