About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Thursday 24 March 2016

Review: FAN

Publisher: Arcadia


I'm giving you another book that's been on my bookshelf for a yonk and one that I didn't think I'd like....apparently it's a theme at the moment.

Fan is the story of Finchy and his coming to terms with events that turned his life around, made it different 15 years prior. While, when you read the blurb and the start of the book you believe it's going to basically be about football and Hillsborough, it isn't. Yes, they of course play a big part, but it's about how one bloke is trying to sort his shit out and confront all the crap and doubts and troubles of his past.

I will admit that I now know more about Nottingham Forest and football to an extent than I ever thought I would (I'm a rugby kinda gal), but it was interesting, it isn't tediously written about and reported. It's integral to the novel, the events, the scores, the players and the matches themselves in telling the narrative of this one man.

This book is also very misleading, but I will not say more than that as I don't want to spoil it for anyone at all.

Book Cunt is a fan of this book, and now I am. If you don't think it's for you, just give it a go, try it. I'm really glad I did and will be recommending it to people for a while.....I am thinking I have a bit of a book hangover from it too!

Happy Reading

BG

No comments:

Post a Comment