About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Tuesday 19 July 2016

Review: Saint's Blood

Publisher: Jo Fletcher
 
Falcio, Kest and Brasti are back and of course, they have battles to fight, thrones to win and a million other hurdles to overcome...but man do they do it all with flare and humour and do it well.
 

It started all back in 2014 with Traitor's Blade, and that is where YOU should start if you have not met these three before. And you should defos start this series if you are a fantasy fan!

So, on with this one. The story and the action are a tad darker than in the past two books. Things are a little more bleak, the violence is a little more hard core, and there are a few moments that really are brutal beyond brutal. But, this did fit with the novel and nothing seemed out of place. It seems as through these books SDC and the characters have evolved (as well as the plot of course), and therefore none of this extra darkness seems out of place, in fact it is positively needed.

But, have no fear avid fans, Falcio's narrative is still humorous. F's voice is still true and it's brilliant. His relationships with K and B are perfect and those two are fantastic characters. We are getting to know the other members of the crew better too and that's great. Aline is superb and is getting better with each book. She's turning into one ballsy lady.

I have to comment on one thing in particular. It takes a lot for a book to make me laugh out loud but EVEN MORE for a book to get me to cry. This one got me to fill up on my train in to work and feel glad I was wearing sunglasses. They were happy tears, and I give SDC a round of applause for writing a book that is so consuming that this happened to me.

I don't want to comment on the plot, as I really don't want to give anything away, I really, really, don't. But I hope my love of the characters, the writing style and the emotion this book drew from me is enough to get you to read it.

Oh and YAY this isn't the last time we will see Falcio, Kest and Brasti. Oh, and Arshole - BRILLIANT.

Happy Reading

BG
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment