About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Tuesday 29 November 2016

Revie: The Woman in Blue

Publisher: Quercus
 
I can't remember if I have read one of these before or not...and I mean one of the Ruth books. It feels like I have, things feel familiar....but I'm wondering this could be because this is a pretty standard/formula crime novel that fits all the required parts together nicely.
 
But the fact it fits the mould isn't necessarily a bad thing, as the book did the job of being an easy commuter read. It's also still a page turner and that's also, again what I look for in a decent crime novel.
 
I enjoyed the religious aspect of this novel as well. The women as priests debate may be a bit old now but it was interesting indeed as not come across it in a novel before....also suppose the woman as bishops aspect is topical of this for the moment.
 
Also, I laughed out loud a few times in the last 50 pages as there are some cracking one liners, I think I ended up enjoying the book even more because of those :-)
 
So, if you want an easy read crime novel, go for this one...it's decent.
 
Happy reading
 
BG
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment