About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 18 August 2017

Review: The Girl With The Fragile Mind

Publisher: Avon
 
Hmmmm, I'm really not sure how I fell about this book. I'm not sure at all if I liked it or thought it was worth a read. I'm really torn. Yes, the concept is decent and the plot is alright, but I don't think it was executed in the best way possible.
 
 
Basically we have Claudie and she has some shit going on that's messing up her life and then we have a terrorist attack that gets in the way of things and mixed up with Claudie.
 
To be honest, I think this book is one of those novels that has jumped on the female psychological thriller bandwagon that was started by The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. That series was super and it did yes, inspire some good books along this genre/line/theme but alas I don't think this was one of them.
 
To speak more about the book, Silver and Keaton, were characters I did indeed enjoy and I liked the mix up in POVs. I do like a book that mixes up the voice, otherwise I can get a tad bored.
 
The things I didn't like.....the plot was too farcical and far fetched. It was not constructed well enough to feel believable. I hated all the coincidental nonsense. There was far too much of that. I really did not like Claudie. She really pissed me off.
 
So, in all, not the best read....sorry chaps
 
C


No comments:

Post a Comment